This project is what NZ thinks of as heartland values - people working together to create a new community project.
Waikato River Trails Bike Hire Terms & ConditionsHire Conditions
1. A 25% deposit payable within 7 days is required to reserve the booking. Full payment is required no less than 2
working days before your booking start date.
2. Cancellations will require notification to be done in writing by the person booking the experience.
a. A cancellation 7 working days or more prior to the departure will result in a loss of 50% of the deposit.
b. Cancellations made between 7-2 working days prior to departure will result in 100% loss of deposit.
c. Cancellations made between 2 working days and 4pm the day prior to the start of the booking will result in a 50%
loss of the full booking cost.
d. Cancellations made after 4pm the day prior to the start of the hire will result in a 100% loss of full booking cost.
e. No refunds will be made for early returns, late pick ups, no shows or changing your mind on the day of pick up.
3. Equipment must be returned by 5pm on the due date or by the time the local depot closes whichever is the earlier.
Late returns will be charged a daily rate until returned unless prior arrangements have been made.
4. The hirer is responsible for repair or replacement costs in cases of damage or loss of any item. This includes but is
not limited to damage of pannier bags with holes, missing pumps, locks, multi tool kits, tyre levers. We reserve the
right to charge repair or replacement by credit card charge.
5. In cases of deliberate or accidental damage the costs will be paid by the hirer.
6. Once in your possession, the bike and equipment is your responsibility; we recommend locking the bike any time it is
out of your sight.
7. By law in New Zealand, it is compulsory to wear a helmet when cycling. Please obey the NZ road rules. Remember to
keep to the hard left side of the road.
8. If you wish to hire the bike for a longer than the initially agreed period of time, you need to contact us prior to the start of
the rental period to ensure this is possible, as some bike are booked back-to-back at peak season.
Terms and Liability
1. I agree that in this release, “The Activity” means the guided activity or hire of equipment that I am obtaining from
Waikato River Trails. I am providing this release in consideration for Waikato River Trails agreeing to me taking part in
2. I am aware that taking part in this activity involves certain inherent risks, including inclement weather, rough conditions,
navigational difficulties, collisions, hypothermia, illness and accidents in remote places, and might:
a. Cause me or others injury or loss
b. Damage my or other property.
3. Despite these risks I wish to take part in the Activity. I accept sole responsibility for my own safety and for the above
4. To the extent permitted by law I hereby release, waive, discharge and hold blameless WRT, WRT staff and all persons
entities and contractors connected to WRT from any and all liability for death, disability, personal injury (including
mental injury), property damage, property theft, loss of personal equipment and all other foreseeable risks, claims or
actions of any kind (including negligence) whatever and however occurring which may arise (including consequential
loss or damage), at any time, from or in connection with, directly or indirectly, as a consequence of me carrying out the
activities of WRT. I note that this exclusion is subject to any rights or remedies I may have under the Consumer
Guarantees Act 1993.
I also agree to indemnify WRT regarding any injury, loss, damage or cost (including consequential loss or damage)
and other liabilities of any nature suffered or incurred by anyone else as a direct or indirect result of any act or omission
(whether negligent or otherwise) by me.
5. This exclusion is subject to any rights and remedies you have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
6. I agree that Waikato River Trails is not responsible for any damage, expenses or inconvenience caused by late arrival
of transport, change of schedule, strikes, vehicle breakdown or events outside its control. Waikato River Trails has
the right to alter itineraries if necessary. I will pay for any additional expenses and receive a refund for any cost savings.
7. I understand Waikato River Trails has the right to:
a. Resell reserved items or spaces without notice if I have not paid in full by the due date.
b. Decline to accept or retain any participant at any time
c. Cancel guided activities if the minimum number is not obtained.
8. I understand that how I and others in my party in my party undertake the Activity will affect the risks, and that Waikato
River Trails has no control over this. I will use the equipment in a safe & proper manner. I have inspected the
equipment to be used in the Activity and find it to be in good condition and fit for use.
9. I indemnify Waikato River Trails against all claims, damages or losses (including costs, including legal fees on a
solicitor client basis), which it incurs as the direct or indirect result of my taking part in the Activity, including costs of
enforcing this release.
10. I am physically fit and there is no health or other reason why I should not participate in the Activity. For guided activities,
I consent to receiving any medical attention, which Waikato River Trails considers necessary or desirable but this
does not mean Waikato River Trails has to arrange medical attention to me.
11. I agree that the laws of New Zealand apply. I agree that this release is binding on my family, my heirs, my legal
assigns and my administrators and executors. I am 18 years of age or older. I have fully read and understood this
release before signing it.
Waikato River Trails advise you to purchase sufficient travel, accident, medical, luggage and cancellation insurance. Your travel agent will be able to assist with this. The hirer is responsible for repair or replacement costs in cases of damage or loss of any item. We reserve the right to charge repair or replacement.